Saturday, March 9, 2013

Manga is good. c:

so I was on The New York Times website and found this article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/17/nyregion/17manga.html

I found it interesting.. You don't find much news that views manga in a positive light, so this make me real happy. This article is quite info packed, I am surprised that it mentioned otakus, I honestly didn't think the news cared about us otakus at all, yet they too the time to get to know a few of them in Queens. This article, I think puts in a good word for otakus like me. It seemed to me that many people deemed manga evil because of the genres such as Yuri, Yaoi, and Hentai (seriously saying that manga is evil because there are bad mangas out there is saying that books are evil because there are bad books out there). This article give manga the positive light it deserves in my opinion c: ... The article is kinda defending manga budget cuts so we otakus can continue to enjoy manga!


~Yume


3 comments:

  1. This is so you. You love Japenese novels and art.
    It is cool that there is a news article discussing this kind of japenese art, and books genres

    Though you should have 2 articles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was suppose to.. but I was tired.. and it was already past the deadline :T

      Delete
  2. It is very interesting that you found an article about manga in a mainstream news company like the nytimes. My parents don't like me watching anime because they just think it's bad for some reason, like I remember my mom telling me not to watch Dragonball Z because she thinks it's too violent.

    ReplyDelete