Wednesday, March 27, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird.. To enjoy a book.





To Kill a Mockingbird has been taken out of some schools curriculum for more "modern" book. Well I say that if the author is still alive, the book is quite modern. Yes, Harper Lee is very much alive.





Not only that but To Kill a Mocking bird is a real interesting book! That's coming from me, a seven-teen year old picky reader who usually hates historical fiction. Though it isn't my absolute favorite book, it has easily made its way into my top three list.

To Kill a Mocking Bird has suspense, action, moral, mystery, and humor! Everything that makes a book good.


fun little comics of scenes from the book c:

strip poker ---------->






The book also has many lessons and literary merit. There are a lot of big words in the book, which makes it even better to keep it in school curriculum. They would be reading a fantastic book and expanding their vocab, isn't that what English teachers want..?


Before I get on to the teachings, I will must say this. Nothing makes it easier to read a book...

than to fall in love with a character. (I don't mean love love, I mean favorite character kind of love)

I'm talking about the one and only. Atticus.

great picture right ;)

He became my favorite character before I even knew what he was like. The name is literature GOLD.

What really makes a good book, is to have at least one amazingly likeable character, you got to have them, or the book is painful to read. Atticus made the book for me, and surely for many others. He's an amazing father, he sticks up for whats right, he has an awesome aim with the gun, and has an awesome sense of humor. c:

Now, here's another thing. To Kill a mocking bird really teaches you some history and, about how it was back then. It opens people's eyes, which really isn't a bad idea. Racism is clearly shown, but it also shows the innocence of a child. Also the irony that a child could see the truth clear as day, while the adults went with the world (with the exception of Atticus).

This book was amazing, purely amazing. Why people want to take it out of of schools, I have no idea.













~Yume

3 comments:

  1. I like that you wrote about Scout's perspective and about Atticus. Atticus has a good character and having Scout as the author provides a unique perspective. Also keeping the book in School's curriculum can provide a more dynamic learning experience and help the students have a better idea of what it was like back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I love your post this week! T'is classic. I really liked your comics and pictures. I felt your post was very multidimensional and you talked about many of the points that make the book great! I like your insight on Atticus too! He is a hero

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid simply Splendid. You have a great voice in your writing and you can definitely tell you like anime. I liked how you pointed out that you were a picky reader and that this amazing book had still made it on your top three.

    ReplyDelete