Friday, January 18, 2013

If you know it why not share it?


                     Being a story writer, I know more than anyone that our mind is an amazing thing. Compare it it to a computer file folder and in the folder is more folders with more folders in that. Each folder is packed with amazing knowledge and wisdom. Once someone was inspired to create a computer and after that someone created the internet. Was this coincidence, or were these people inspired? These people made it easier for us to fill our 'folders' and find things , and most importantly to get your opinion out there, get the truth out there that can change peoples lives.



                     Now lets go back a bit in history, back to the printing press. Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints spoke to us in his talk "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet" saying, "The Printing press enabled knowledge, including that contained in the Holy Bible, to be shared more widely than ever before." Back then the printing press was like a computer, giving people knowledge easier and certainly faster, it made the Bible avalible to more people and guiding them toward God. Why can't we do the same with the internet? It is my personal belief that God inspired man to create the computer and the internet so we can share the Gospel to the world.



                    Another thing he said, that I agree to the fullest is this: "But all conversations have an impact on those who participate in them." I couldn't have said it any better. Any conversation, a word, a phrase, a syllable can change how you think about your self, the world, and others. Its like listening to music in the car, I find the last song that I listen to before I get out will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. If you speak negatively people tend to be negative as well, if you are positive and try your best to be happy it rubs off.Next conversation listen careful and pay attention to the mood. Who is speaking? Are the angry or happy? How are the others? I sometimes find my self complaining non stop to my family if I hear my friends complaining. Conversations rub off. Why not start a happy one? It could change someones life.

I want to share my experiences to you and be happy so it can rub off on you! ;)






1 comment:

  1. I like the insights you shared especially about how words matter both for good and bad. Your conclusion to use words for good was excellent.

    ReplyDelete